Reuse and recollect – Kialla Pure Foods

Reuse and recollect

Homepage Forums Kialla Community Reuse and recollect

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sheridan Kennedy 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mireille

Hello to all Kialla Organics customers (and Kialla Organics !)

Has anyone taken note of the wonderful calico bags which contain the most lovely organic grains and flours that Kialla provides ?

We at Boomerang Bags have !

Boomerang Bags works to reduce the use of plastic bags by engaging local communities in the making of Boomerang Bags – community made using recycled materials, Boomerang Bags provide a free, fun, sustainable alternative to plastic bags.

We would very much like to recollect as many Kialla calico bags as possible and to re-imagine them into Boomerang Bags. Please get in contact with us should you have any empty bags or know of a way we may be able to collect them from fellow Kialla customers.

For more details please visit our website : boomerangbags[org]

#4362 Reply

Sheridan Kennedy
    Keymaster

We love this idea Mireille! People often write in and let us know how they reuse their calicos. I think we should post your initiative across our social media too.

#6022 Reply

Liz Gilbert

Disappointed that the calico bags seem to have vanished from Woolworths, Flannerys – and everywhere else I shop. I’ve been using Kialla flour on and off for at least 20 years and have just got back into home bake bread. I don’t buy things that have been sitting in plastic. Are the calico bags still around anywhere?
    Liz

#6118 Reply

Sheridan Kennedy
    Keymaster

Hi Liz,
    they are still available in 1kg for Rolled Oats & 5kg in many of the flours. We haven’t sold in Woolworths for many years. However if you can’t find them at your local Flannerys I suggest you ask them to order these products. They order from us according to their customer demand.

We dropped the products we had in 2kg bags because not enough shops were stocking them/ not enough people buying them. We have only ever done the Oats in 1kg bags, no other products. One of the main reasons we do the smaller products in the plastic is because it is very challenging for many stores to keep our calicos pest free – all those greeblies that love organic flours (since they are chemical free) also love the oxygen that gets through the calico weave so unfortunately calicos are not pest-proof.

Soon we hope to have an online shop so you would be able to buy direct from us online – and all calico products will be available.
    Sheridan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reuse and recollect
Your information:

Farm2Plate Blog
  • Mung Bean MagicI couldn't resist a title like that - even though many people may consider mung beans a less-than-ex .. Read more
  • Chickpeas – so much more than a one-hit wonder!Of all the legumes, chick peas are the tastiest, and they adapt to variety of dishes. You can tell .. Read more
  • Ancient barley is a versatile cooking companion   Our popular modern day grains derive from wild grasses that humans began cultivating a .. Read more
  • Have GMO crops lived up to the hype?The 2nd article in the series: 7 reasons to choose organic - an in-depth look at the issue of orga .. Read more
  • Here’s why you’re better off without pesticidesThis is the 1st article in the series: "7 reasons to choose organic - an in-depth look at the issue .. Read more
  • The Easiest Sponge Recipe using Cake FlourGuest post by Tania Cusack from My Kitchen Stories Sponge is such a fresh light cake for all seas .. Read more
  • The Nutritional Benefits of WholegrainsFor a food to be described as wholegrain it should contain all the essential parts and naturally-occ .. Read more
  • Last-minute Turkey StuffingAre you one of those people who always has your Christmas feast well organised weeks before Christma .. Read more
  • Pernille Berg Larsen, Baking Teacher & Author

I always get the best result using your Organic Rye flour!

• Cherie W., Home Baker

I never make a bad loaf of bread now, since changing over to Kialla flour… I can’t get over the superior quality of your product. I have bought some for everyone in my family.

• Pauline Mirabelli from Simply Honest Foods

We’ve found that Kialla popcorn is the best – it pops so much better than other popcorns, and it tastes great. Our kids love it.

• Mrs Ergül of Mrs Ergül's Delish Treats

I truly like the transparency and traceability that Kialla Pure Foods offers. I’m actually able to see which farm grew the wheat milled into my 10kg bag of flour. This really sealed the deal for me. And I feel that Kialla sets themselves apart in this sense.

• Rebecca Laughery, Consumer

We’ve tried several other pancake mixes but nothing comes close to yours!

• Lisa, owner & baker at Sweet Tooth Noosa

Of all the brands of flour I have used Kialla is by far the BEST!

• Meredith J. Home Baker

Kialla is the best flour I’ve ever used – and that includes some great US flours. Please keep milling forever!!

• Jacqui Mead, Consumer

We’ve been using Kialla’s products for approximately seven years now, making the change to Organic Spelt Flour following the discovery that my son had a wheat and dairy intolerance. I have found that our whole family’s health has improved.

Our current certifications: