Organic Barley Flour
|Make an enquiry|
Produced by milling the whole barley grain, extracting the inedible husk (or spikelets), then sifting the bran from the flour. Rich in nutrients and dietary fibre.
How To Use
Because of the low gluten content, must be mixed with other flours to make a yeast-raised bread, can be substituted for wheat flour in quick breads, scones, etc. and as a thickening agent in soups, gravies, etc.
Country Of Origin
Australia or Canada. Milled in Australia.
Organic Barley Grain
- Mung Bean MagicI couldn’t resist a title like that – even though many people may consider mung beans a .. Read more
- Chickpeas – so much more than a one-hit wonder!Of all the legumes, chick peas are the tastiest, and they adapt to variety of dishes. You can tell t .. Read more
- Ancient barley is a versatile cooking companion Our popular modern day grains derive from wild grasses that humans began cultivating and sel .. Read more
- Have GMO crops lived up to the hype?The 2nd article in the series: 7 reasons to choose organic – an in-depth look at the issue of .. Read more
- Here’s why you’re better off without pesticidesThis is the 1st article in the series: “7 reasons to choose organic – an in-depth look a .. Read more
- The Easiest Sponge Recipe using Cake FlourGuest post by Tania Cusack from My Kitchen Stories Sponge is such a fresh light cake for all seasons .. Read more
- The Nutritional Benefits of WholegrainsFor a food to be described as wholegrain it should contain all the essential parts and naturally-occ .. Read more
- Last-minute Turkey StuffingAre you one of those people who always has your Christmas feast well organised weeks before Christma .. Read more