Bake in your Bread Machine:
Secure your mixing paddle attachment before starting (this will depend on your machine)
- Add tepid water to the bread machine’s baking bowl (this stops flour from clumping when water is added after the flour)
- Add an entire packet of bread mix to the bowl.
- Add 7g of yeast to the flour.
- Secure the bread bowl in your machine
- Select your bake settings. The product is designed to work best with the following settings:
- Quick or Rapid bake selection (1 ½ to 1 ¾)
- Medium or Dark crust (Dark setting gives a result closer to artisan crust)
- Medium loaf (size)
- Press ‘start’
If you are more familiar with your machine experiment with a longer ferment time (try overnight) as this could improve flavour and texture even more.
Oven bake your loaf
- In a mixing bowl combine the entire packet of bread mix + 250mls of tepid water + 7g of yeast OR 180g (¾ cup of your sourdough starter)
- Mix the dough then turn out on a board and knead until smooth (don’t over-knead)
- rest your dough in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
- Turn your loaf out of the bowl, shape and then cover until proved (it will almost double in size). You may want to place your dough in a lined banneton basket while it proves. You can leave for several hours or overnight. In warmer environments your loaf will develop faster.
- Bake in a hot oven (210ºC) for 20 to 25 minutes.