Organic Pearl Barley
|Make an enquiry|
Produced by polishing the barley grain to remove the inedible outer husk and very outside coating of bran, therefore much of the nutrient value of whole barley is retained. Has a milder flavour than barley grain.
How To Use
Add to soups (traditionally beef or vegetable) and casseroles. Also cook and serve as a simple side dish or pilaf.
Country Of Origin
Organic Barley Grain
Contains gluten. Manufactured in a factory that also mills products containing egg or soy.
- Mung Bean MagicI couldn’t resist a title like that – even though many people may consider mung beans a .. Read more
- Chickpeas – so much more than a one-hit wonder!Of all the legumes, chick peas are the tastiest, and they adapt to variety of dishes. You can tell t .. Read more
- Ancient barley is a versatile cooking companion Our popular modern day grains derive from wild grasses that humans began cultivating and sel .. Read more
- Have GMO crops lived up to the hype?The 2nd article in the series: 7 reasons to choose organic – an in-depth look at the issue of .. Read more
- Here’s why you’re better off without pesticidesThis is the 1st article in the series: “7 reasons to choose organic – an in-depth look a .. Read more
- The Easiest Sponge Recipe using Cake FlourGuest post by Tania Cusack from My Kitchen Stories Sponge is such a fresh light cake for all seasons .. Read more
- The Nutritional Benefits of WholegrainsFor a food to be described as wholegrain it should contain all the essential parts and naturally-occ .. Read more
- Last-minute Turkey StuffingAre you one of those people who always has your Christmas feast well organised weeks before Christma .. Read more